My aim is simple. Life is just not fun enough. I have therefore embarked on the arduous task of making your life more fun. Be thankful - its hard work for me.

Thursday 3 June 2010

Toilet Rolls By Appointment to The Queen

The other day, I couldn't help noticing that the packet of toilet rolls I was currently using were, apparently, used by the Queen. Now, I don't mean to be all big-headed about this, but I can truly say that I have royal connections.

I know you wouldn't like me to mislead you about such important matters, so here is a brief description. On the left hand panel of the packet, there is a little crest (which I presume to be the royal coat of arms), and the following paragraph.

"BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN MANUFACTURERS OF DISPOSABLE TISSUES XXXXCOMPANY, KENT"

I don't know about you, but if I was the Queen, I would probably put my royal name to something other than toilet tissue. Maybe a jewellery firm, or furniture makers, or anything else for that matter.

In fact, I might even go so far as to say that I would be slightly offended if the PR manager phoned me up to ask if I was a user of their toilet rolls. It's not as if the Queen spends each day wondering which company she would like to use on the toilet, is it?

At least they had the decency to call them "disposable tissues", not bog rolls.

1 comment:

No spam please - show your appreciation for this blog
Do not include any contact details - don't feed the spammers!
THANKYOU FOR COMMENTING :-)